Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Update

It is now August 12, a Wednesday. I switch to the other topical medication tommorrow. It's a Vitamin D ointment, usually used to treat Psoriasis. I have to avoid sunlight as long as I use it. Should be interesting. My skin and hair is old desert bones dry, I imagine from bathing in bleach, but until the yeast rash is long gone I am not stopping. Most of it is healing up rather nicely I just have one spot that is hanging on.

I read a blog post by a lady who is insulin-dependent diabetic. Apparently they have a lot of trouble with yeast rashes on their skin, or "yeastie-beasties" as she calls them. It's got a lot of information on it from her experience, her friends and doctors. I should have written down her name. Anyway she has had good results with Probiotic supplements. There is also research going on using Probiotics to treat childhood eczema. Add to that the fact that Anti-biotics depopulate your intestines and, well, I'm making a point to eat yogurt every day. Can't hurt and could help. I'll take it!

I'm very tired of itching, and of putting goo on the back of my head and doing so much laundry! I really would like it to heal now.

No comments: