Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where am I?

Wow November 0f 2007? I guess I fell off the planet. No, just holidays and housesitting and tax season. but tax season is over so I guess I can re-emerge.

Any news? a few pieces. four of our "fine upstanding youth" are going to prison for 17 years each. They brutalized and nearly killed a classmate and still can't seem to explain why. Apparently the local law enforcement is nervous about the effect of the verdict on the people here because we have a lot of police cars patrolling the town this week.

They are upgrading our main street, road construction!, it can take up to 15 minutes to get through the intersection ( and I do mean "The" we have only one). Sometimes the highway is completely blocked and the power and phone systems flicker about, which is no good for a computer based office like ours. The businesses in town are really hurting because of it.

3 comments:

The Moody Minstrel said...

Nobody's going to come there anymore anyway thanks to the outrageous gas prices, so why bother?

Don Snabulus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don Snabulus said...

(Edited to remove town name...)

See what I get for not taking the newspaper or watching TV news? That is some very nasty and sad business there.

Hopefully the construction passes by quickly and things return to a modicum of efficiency.

Your berg may be as far as we can travel thanks to MM's point above. Maybe we or I should make a short pilgrimage there for general purposes. We will keep you posted if we do!